- Size, Design, and User Experience
- Dust, Water and Durability
- Lights, Camera and Face ID
- Battery Life and Performance
- Final Verdict: The Refurbished iPhone 11 or the Refurbished iPhone 10 X?
- And finally, why a refurbished phone?
- A Quick Visual Look at Both Phones' Key Features
iPhone 11 vs iPhone X
So you've decided to treat yourself to a refurbished iPhone, and have zeroed in on the iPhone X and the iPhone 11. Stellar choices both, but what you eventually decide to buy depends on what you're looking for in a phone. Good looks? Power? Prestige? Okay, we're going a bit too far here ;-) On a serious note though, both phones provide serious value-for-money and won't disappoint. In fact, the latest IOS update 14.0.1 available on both devices will give you that seamless experience you've been waiting for on a mobile device. Let's get started then - hopefully by the end of this guide, you'll have made up your mind!
Size, Design, and User Experience
- The refurbished iPhone X is a whole lot narrower than its counterpart, making it an ergonomic one-handed option - dip into that bag of chips as you scroll away, chat, type, 'like' or 'laugh out loud' until the early hours! It'll fit great into your pocket too. But if screen size matters, especially if you like watching videos on the go, the iPhone 11 is a good bet. The larger the hands, the better the handling experience.
- In the looks department, the iPhone X wins hands down for its premium stainless steel body and slim design. You'll need a cover though as any scratches will show more on steel.
- A key difference between both is the display technology. The iPhone X although smaller in size boasts a crystal clear, high resolution 1080p OLED display. To keep costs down, the iPhone 11 makes do with the humble LCD screen. Didn't they say that good things come in small packages? :-)
Dust, Water and Durability
- Just because the iPhone X can withstand being dunked in 1 meter water for up to 30 mins doesn't mean you should do it! The iPhone 11 can take two meters of water for the same time. How's that for some serious 'breath control' under water!
- As with all previous phones, you intend to drop this one to the ground too? Well then, you'd better go with the iPhone 11 - its aluminum body will withstand the shock better. It has reportedly withstood a drop from 11 feet high !
Lights, Camera and Face ID
- Let's be honest - we are living in the Age of 'Likes', and what better way to keep those dopamine-inducing 'Like's coming than with superb professional-looking shots. The iPhone X's telephoto shoot lets you zoom into your favorite subject without them detecting you ;-).
- Not to be outdone, the iPhone 11's ultra wide lens captures sweeping landscapes at an astonishing 12- degree field of view. The night mode is insane,and this is your chance to become the 'astrophotographer' you've always dreamed of. Use the fantastic image stabilization to capture surreal pics of the Milky Way. What's more? This phone's blazing chip set technology combines with the Deep Fusion feature giving you faster auto focus and better indoor shots.
- Both phones have facial recognition but the iPhone 11 can instantly recognize faces even at angles and distances. Talk about Artificial Intelligence! We've come a long way baby !
Battery Life and Performance
- The wide-bodied iPhone 11 accommodates a larger-sized battery at 3,110-mAh which means you can enjoy around 17 hours of video playback. The iPhone X meanwhile will fetch you approximately 13 hours. That's a couple of extra films you could be watching on the former.
- At 4GB and 3 GB RAM, respectively, the iPhone 11 and iPhone X are both solid contenders when it comes to performance. The robust A11 processor powers up the iPhone X while the iPhone X11 is a gamer's delight with its even lightning quick A13 processor.
Final Verdict: The Refurbished iPhone 11 or the Refurbished iPhone 10 X?
Aesthetically there isn't much difference between both. But that said, if you're after some great night shots, superior battery life, durability, and a seamless user experience, go with the iPhone 11. And yeah, it has the option to accommodate a second SIM too. However if good looks, and a sleek design take top priority, the iPhone 10 delivers pretty impressively if not as much.
And finally, why a refurbished phone?
For one, they cost cheaper! Second, we at Back Market only work with highly-trusted refurbishers. Our one-year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee are testament to the faith we have in our products and services. Also we trust that people are inherently good! With a refurbished iPhone, you'll be contributing to a greener planet. Here's a link by our very own writer Vianney Vaute who'll give you the lowdown on how over consumption and the e-waste crisis is killing the planet.
A Quick Visual Look at Both Phones' Key Features
|Display||Liquid Retina HD||Super Retina HD|
Glass and aluminium design
Glass and stainless steel design
Dual 12 MP, Ultra Wide and Night Mode
|Dual 12 MP, Wide and Telephoto|
|4K Video Recording at 60 frames per second||
1080p HD Video Recording at 30 frames per second
|Chip||A13 Chip (Bionic)||A11 Chip (Bionic)|
|Dust and Water Resistance||Rated IP68 (can withstand 2 meters depth for up to 30 mins)||Rated IP67 (can withstand 1 meter depth for up to 30 mins)|
|Capacity||64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB||64 GB, 256 GB|
|Weight||194 gms||174 gms|
|Facial Recognition||Face ID||Face ID|
Good luck and enjoy your good-as-new iPhone!
When not talking about the latest eco-friendly tech and reducing our carbon footprint, Brian enjoys the odd game of football, a classic horror (book or film) or just to kick back with a beer or a proper Scottish whisky. Slàinte Mhath!
Did you find this article useful ?